Share Your Photos Online with iPhoto ’09
iPhoto has come a long way since its first version with the sole purpose of being used just to organize your photo library. In the the latest version ’09 you can now easily share your photos online using iPhoto with Flickr, Facebook, MobileMe, iWeb or Email. In this how-to I will show you the easy it is to post your photos online and how you can add geotagging info to your iPhoto photos.
Selecting a Photo Sharing Service
What you will need. You will need a photo-sharing account with one of the following services Flickr, Facebook or MobileMe. You can also use various plug-ins available like Google Picassa Web Albums Exporter, AOL Pictures which includes an iPhoto plug-in, SmugMug iPhoto plug-in and Shutterfly iPhoto plug-in.
Upload Your Photos
Once you have your account set up and plug-ins installed you are ready to start uploading photos to one or all of you photo sharing services. To upload your photos start by:
- Selecting a single photo, event, flagged, or album.
- There are a series of icons in the lower right and section of the iPhoto windowor you can go to the main menu and select ‘Share’ and then select the service you want ot post your photos to.
- Next a dialog appears asking if “you want to publish ‘[Name of your Gallery]’ to [Service]?” and to whom the photos will be viewable to and at what size.
- Finally Click the ‘Publish’ button and thats it.
Adding Geotagging Info in iPhoto
If you want to add geotagging info in iPhoto start by selecting the photo.
- Click on the small ‘i’ icon in the lower right hand corner of the window.
- A dialogue will appear where you can enter more Title, Date, Rating and Descriptive information.
- Click the ‘photo place’ field. You can be as detailed as you want in the ‘photo place’ field entering address, city state, country.
- Click Search (Magnifying Glass).
- In the dialog that appears you can ‘Drop Pin’ additional places or ‘Assign to photo’ the location you searched for.