Using iPhoto or Aperature Image Management Tools
When you sync your iPhone with iTunes you have the option of selecting a image management software like Aperture or iPhoto. You can also select a destination folder like Pictures or a custom folder of your choosing to sync with.
Easy to setup using iTunes.
- Select the Photo Tab
- Check the Sync Photos
- Select the folder or application from the drop down menu
Troubles Syncing iPhone Photos
Typically when you sync your iPhone with Mac Aperture or iPhoto launch to help you import and manage your photos. However with the recent upgrades to Aperture I have notice one key feature missing. Deleting already imported images from your iPhone. You can select not to import duplicate images during import but what do you do after they have been imported? The best method I have found requires one more step using Apple’s Image Capture.
- Launch Image Capture. ( Applications > Image Capture )
- Select your iPhone under DEVICES.
- In the bottom left corner you should see a control panel displaying “Connecting this iPhone opens…”. You should see a check box just below this “Delete after Import”.
- Check “Delete after Import”.
Once you have downloaded all the pics to the folder of your choice or to an image management software your photos will automatically be deleted off the iPhone. No synching wit iTunes necessary! This works great if you are off-loading images at a friends house.