Humor: Top 10 Apple Mac Ads from 1984 – present
We all know and love the current generation of Apple’s Mac ads, but let’s go back in history to see the evolution that got us where we are today. Whether you’re a Mac or a PC, you’ll get a laugh. Ok, here’s the countdown, Dave Letterman style. . .
1. Let’s start out with this one. Selling Apples with alligators, who woulda thunk?
2. Aaah, this will take you back to the days of dial-up and leave you grateful for having that “Step 3.”
3. Who takes their friggin’ computer on a vacation to the Grand Canyon. . .even if it is a Powerbook.
4. I’d-like-to-buy-the-world-a-Coke. . . er, make that a Mac.
5. I can’t believe Barack Obama got to be president by ripping off Apple. Where would we be if Steve Jobs himself had appeared in this ad?
6. It doesn’t matter WHAT type of computer you put in front of my Dad, that’s about the best he can do too. Actually he’s been sitting in front of his new Mac scratching his head for three YEARS now.
7. What point was this one trying to make, “Macs are for potheads who hit “delete” instead of “save”? I can’t believe this actually went out before they rethought it and switched to our good old “I’m a Mac” guy.
8. Oh, Picasso, you dirty old man you. How is this supposed to make somebody want to buy a computer?
9. I don’t know if Gandhi and Einstein would appreciate Apple calling them “crazy round pegs in square holes” but it seemed to work. Maybe it made you well up with pride if you consider yourself a fellow maverick. Somehow Mcain ruined the meaning of that word. . .
10. And finally. . .the #1 all time Apple commercial. Pretty prophetic in hindsight, but it must have made for a good laugh at the time. Oh wait, if you were alive in 1984 you probably remember that the Hooters look was actually hot and so were Bridget Nielsen look-alikes.
See more Mac videos – maybe not as funny but ones you can actually learn something from – with Mac video tutorials at www.MacUsersGuide.com. We offer the latest news, reviews, how-tos and expert opinions on everything Mac users need to know about Apple’s line of Mac computers and software.